The Albany Area YMCA is the Albany area’s premier provider of family health and wellness. Individual, Family, Youth, and Corporate memberships available.
MEMBERSHIP in the ymca has benefits
- Membership in the Albany Area YMCA includes access to three facilites: Central Facility, Lee Branch and Sports Park. A Lee Branch Only membership is available.
- Most land and water exercise classes are FREE with membership.
- Members receive a complimentary Fitness Analysis and Orientation with their membership, as well as 4 one-on-one appointments with a Fit Coach annually.
- Members pay reduced Program Fees for all programs such as youth sports, boot camps, child care, and more.
- The Albany Area YMCA offers FREE Childwatch services for members with Family Memberships. Children can have fun in a safe environment while their parents work out. These Childwatch services are also available to members with the Adult Membership category for a small monthly fee. See Childwatch schedule below.
- Albany Area YMCA members enjoy AWAY access to YMCAs around the country.
Paying for your Membership
Memberships may be paid through a monthly bank draft or credit/debit card draft. There are no contracts when payment is made through a monthly draft. Members may also choose to pay annually for their membership. Members receive reduced fees when paying for membership annually. An amenities membership at the Central Facility is available for an additional fee.
The Albany Area YMCA invites area business to inquire about our Corporate Membership program. Studies show that companies with corporate fitness/wellness programs have lower absenteeism, lower insurance costs and higher productivity.
Click the links below for information on Membership.
Family and Individual Membership
Childwatch is free for members with Family Memberships. Members with an Adult membership may use Childwatch for a small monthly fee. Ask at the Membership Services desk for more information.
CENTRAL FACILITY CHILDWATCH HOURS
Monday-Friday: 7:30-11:30 a.m.
Saturday: 9-11 a.m.
Monday & Wednesday: 4-8 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday: 4:30-8 p.m.
Friday: 4:30-7 p.m.
LEE BRANCH CHILDWATCH HOURS
Monday-Thursday: 8:30-11:00 a.m. & 4:30-7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30-11:00 a.m.
TOT LOT AND TURBO KIDZ at the Central Facility
Tot Lot and Turbo Kidz are programs designed to engage children in physical fun during their Childwatch experience.
Your pre-schooler will enjoy games and other fun, physical activities while you work out. Tot Lot is FREE for members who use Childwatch. Tot Lot Sessions are Monday & Thursday. Two 30-minute sessions offered from 8:30 - 10 a.m. Sign your child into Childwatch. The instructor will pick them up for Tot Lot and return them to Childwatch.
Turbo Kidz is physical fun for ages 7-11.Turbo Kids takes place on Monday & Thursday from 6 - 6:45 p.m. Parents sign the children out with the Turbo Kidz instructor. Parents must remain in the facility during the class. Activities take place at a variety of locations throughout the YMCA.
If you have any questions, please contact a
member services coordinator at 229-436-0531.